Forums For Us Network: Off Topic Hut The Geek District The Admin Shack Mature Gamers 30 Day Challenges

• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Using Google+ to Promote Your Site

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kelson

Kelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Beta / QA Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Skin: TGD 2013
  • LocationOld Forge, PA (USA)

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

Google+ has proven to be a fantastic tool for website promotion. Like everything else, however, it does take patience. But I have had tremendous success with Google+, and I am going to show you how I use Google+ to promote my website.

Step One - Creating my Google+ Page

I decided to make a few Google+ pages for my website. Since my site covers various things, I thought it would be best to make a page for the different sections. In other words, instead of creating only one page that covers all of my site - I made several other pages as well, which I use to promote certain areas. For example, one of the areas of my website deals with Humorous Images . . so I made a Google+ page dedicated to Humorous Images. This way, people who are interested in Humorous Images can find it, and don't have to worry about other, mundane things on my site like Politics!

By far the most popular Google+ page I have made is titled Pretty Girls. On my site I have several gallery sections dedicated to pretty girls. These are non-nude pictures of fashion models, actresses, musicians, athletes and various pretty girls.

I made this Google+ page a little over a month ago, and it already has over 700 followers.

Step Two - The First Steps Toward Promotion

The first thing you need to do is establish a following on Google+. The way I did it was by posting pictures of pretty girls and links to their gallery on my forum. So, for example, let's say I had a new photoshoot uploaded of Adriana Lima. I would post 3 pictures from the shoot with a link to my site where they could view the rest of the pictures. I make sure to make these Google+ posts "Public", so anyone can view them

Now, when someone does a Google search for Adriana Lima, my post on the Google+ page will show in the results. Of course, Adriana Lima is very popular, and she is searched often. This means my Google+ post is seen by quite a few people!

I have much better results when I post pictures of someone who is "trending" on Google+, Twitter, or is in the news in some shape or form. The trick is, you want people to see your posts!

When people see your posts, many of them will add you to their Google+ circles. They will +1 your posts . . but best of all, they will share you posts. Now all of their friends see your post, and you get more followers!

Step Three - Things to Do and Things to Avoid

It is very important that you refrain from spamming your wall with posts. You don't want to make people mad. Also, it is very important that you take the time to interact with people who make comments on your posts. The more you present yourself as a "real person", the better off you are. You might also want to add some of your more supportive followers to your own circles. That way you can see their posts, and comment on them.

Keep in mind that Google+ is very "international". So you may not understand what people are actually saying! Also, like Twitter, Google+ has quite a few spam accounts. If you "circle" a spam account, you can get all kinds of nasty junk in your feed. It's very annoying. So only "circle" people that you interact with.

Step Four - Encourage People to Join Your Site

For the first few weeks, I was making posts featuring Pretty Girls, but I really wasn't pushing my website too much. Sure I included links to the gallery of the girl I had just posted, but I didn't really say to "join". Instead, I concentrated on giving my Google+ followers some nice content several times a day.

After a few weeks, however, at least once a day I would encourage my followers to join my site. Many, many of them did! I told them that if they joined my site, I would absolutely add them to my circles (which I did).

By the way, IPB has a free mod which allows people to register at your site using their Google log-in information. So if you have IPB, be sure to get this mod.

Step Five - Exclusive Content for Site Members

Every Thursday, I do something called the "Top Ten Babes of the Week" on Google+. This has proven to be extremely popular. I count the Top 10 down, adding pictures of them - and I get a lot of +1's and comments from this. Everyone seems to enjoy it, and there is also some "debates" and lots of shares.

Starting this week, when I do the Top 10 Babes of the Week, the Top 5 will only be viewable by Google+ members who are also site members. I put these people in a separate circle, and I can share only with them! I also give this circle other exclusive content. I encourage my Google+ followers to join my site and let me know their screen name - so I can add them to the exclusive circle.

Overall, I have had really great results from promoting on Google+
  • Mikey likes this